Monday, November 16, 2015

Hellooo

Kumusta Family and Friends! 
This week was wonderful! 
Sister Wilkins and I did really well this week and she's learning the area super quickly. We went on splits with the members of our ward so that we could reach more appointments at a time. It was a great way for Sister Wilkins to become more familiar with the area without the comfort of me telling her where everything is all the time. 
So we spent a lot of our time tracting and finding, but didn’t have too much success with finding new people, however, we gave quality time to the investigators and less actives in our area.
Denise, our recent convert worked with us last night and it was possibly my favourite night that we worked with her. She has progressed so much in the gospel within the short amount of time that she became a member and she has a powerful testimony that she is willing to share. Last night something she said about prayer was interesting. She said that she's found that prayer doesn’t necessarily change our situation completely. It changes us, and how we deal with our challenges and situations. So true. 
Hahaha.
Well, people.
The Lord is changing me. I'm realizing things the way they really are. 
It's difficult being chastened by the Lord, but the Lord loves his children enough to show unto men their weaknesses. Just remember that when things feel difficult, more than they really should be, a lot of the times the Lord is showing us something that we need to fix within ourselves. Then once we realize things about ourselves, I guess things aren’t as hard as we really thought they were. Hahah. 
Remember the Lord loves us all so much, and as we seek him, He will lift us.
The Gospel works wonderfully!
Love,
Sister Delgado
lately :)
Sister Wilkins and I have a thing for cool doors and big houses
 so tracting is fun when no one answers. We just stand and admire. 

funny story: 
I went out on splits with Sister Atun (70 year old super strong lady) and hiked up this mountain
and slipped and fell in mud. A man who belonged to home we were visiting literally got out a 
bucket and soap and started washing my feet. These filipinos are the most caring people. 
I told him he didn't have to keep washing my feet but he insisted and called me Filipino Princess.
 I might have cried. I love the people of Legazpi!!

Admiring cool things.

2 comments:

  1. McKenna ... You look beautiful!!!
    Keep up with the great work!!! ♥☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete