Saturday, January 24, 2015

Is it already week 3?

Kumusta pamilya at mga kaibigan! 

So this week here at the MTC, We got to hear from the apostle M. Russel Ballard at our Tuesday devotional. And the previous Tuesday I got to hear from Elder Nelson! How lucky am I! 2 apostles in the span on 2 weeks! This is evidently the best time to be at the MTC. Although I am jealous Jeremy got to hear from Elder Holland when he was at the MTC in 19something. I'm still waiting for him to come though. I loved hearing from the apostles of the lord. Both brought powerful messages. 

Two new districts have joined our Philippines zone and I LOVE them already. I can tell they're feeling a little overwhelmed with all the tagalog thrown at them. BUT they're doing great. I love seeing incoming missionaries. 

So this week I learned a lot about the gospel and its role in missionary life. My district was selected to be an example class for teachers to evaluate how to teach their classes. So, it was like a workshop where MTC teachers observed  us while we were being taught by the teacher in charge of all the teachers. We were practicing how to invite someone to read the book of mormon. It felt like CHRISTMAS because I got to do in english. It felt so much easier. It reminded me that I need to be more patient with myself in striving the invite in tagalog. But as the weeks go by it's getting better. I love SYLing  (speak your language)  outside the classroom with my kasamas. Even though our tagalog isnt perfect, our teacher said it shows our desire and commitment to be fluent and strive to do what the Lord has asked us to do 24/7. 

Our teachers have been increasing their expectations of us and constantly driving us to be better and it's working. I've been learning more about the principles of baptism. Now last week, I said that our purpose as missionaries is to not simply baptize members, but to help them come unto Christ. However, the gateway is through baptism.

 Robert D Hales said " When we are baptized, we take upon ourselves the sacred name of Jesus Christ. Taking upon us His name is one of the most significant experiences we have in life. As we follow the example of Jesus, we, too, demonstrate that we will repent and be obedient in keeping the commandments of our Father in Heaven. When we understand our baptismal covenant and the gift of the Holy Ghost, it will change our lives and will establish our total allegiance to the kingdom of God. When temptations come our way, if we will listen, the Holy Ghost will remind us that we have promised to remember our Savior and obey the commandments of God."

I can testify this to be true because we absolutely need the gift of the holy ghost in our lives ensure that we can live in harmony with God's commandments and make and keep covenants with him. The MTC has so many amazing teachers teaching and strengthening my testimony and faith. An hour once a week isnt nearly enough to share it all. 

This week has been a little tough, but with God on my side, I feel entirely strengthened. Revelation 3:19 "As many as love, rebuke and chastenbe zealous therefore,and repent."

I'd like to bear witness that this is truly the Lord's work at hand and His restored gospel. I'm so grateful the Lord loves us enough to bring us out of darkness and tell us exactly how to return to his presence. Alam ko po na sa pamamagitan ng ebanghelyo at pagsisisi, babalik po tayo ng Diyos. pahmagmahal ng Diyos. Tayo anak ng Diyos. Alam ko pa na totoo ng ebanghelyo. Naniniwala po ko nagmamahl ni Jesu Cristo at pinatay po siya ninyo para mga kasalanan. Alam ko po na sa pamamagitan ng espiritu santo, malalaman po ninyo ang katotohanan ng lahat ng bagay.

Sobra Mahal Kita 
Sister Delgado 


The Best District out there.
Happy Sisters










No comments:

Post a Comment