Saturday, January 31, 2015

I Feel My Savior's Love

Kumusta Pamilya! 


So this week has been pretty great! One of my favorite parts of the week is the Tuesday devotionals! But what made this week's devotional better than the previous ones was singing in the chior! We sang "I feel my savior's love" and oh wow it was beautiful. It sounded so wonderful. When we got to the part where we sing " He knows I will follow Him, give all my life to Him..." I cried SO much. The spirit was so strong. Brother Katcher from the quorum of the 70 spoke, and he talked about the kind of missionaries we ought to be, and how we should never deny God the opportunity to perform miracles for others and how we need to earn his trust.He also said that without our faith, God cannot perform miracles (Ether 12:12). Everything he said was sobra susi! (So Key). I loved everything he said to us because our mindset determines our faith and our capacity to serve. At the end of the devotional Brother Katcher asked us to not to give up on loved ones who do not want to accept the gospel because God will perform miracles and give tender mercies. 

My companion learn so much about teaching others every day. And I'm so grateful for the MTC because I know everything that I'm learning will truly bless the people of the Philippines. I know God called me to the Legazpi mission to meet the families in which He's prepared for them to accept His restored Gospel. 

One of the highlights of the week was when my kasama and I did TRC, which is where we teaching members of the church that speak tagalog. We got to teach Sister Konishi, and she moved to the states from Manila. Her daughter graduated from BYU when she was like 20 and is now graduating from BYU Law this May. Sister Konishi was so sweet to us. We all spoke tagalog and it really makes me happy because as we practice more and more, I understand SO much more! We honestly didnt teach her much because she was already an active member,  but we shared with her our a message of obedience bringing blessing and a couple of scriptures from the Helaman, then bore our testimonies in tagalog. Oh how I love bearing my testimony in tagalog. Before we said the closing prayer Sister Konishi started to cry because of how much she felt the Holy Ghost. It was such a tender moment for both my kasama and I. As a companionship, we've decided that we want to do all we can to always invite the spirit in every lesson we teach through strict obedience and having harmony with eachother. I would never want to deny anyone we teach the chance to feel the spirit of feel of its teaching because we were slacking off.

I'm so grateful for this gospel and I'm so grateful to be the Lord's servant. I'm giving Him my all and pray that He is pleased with my efforts. I love the Lord and am grateful for Christ's atonement. I'm so grateful Christ loved us enough to die for our sins and gave us an opportunity to return back to our heavenly father's presence. 

I love you all and would invite you to seek Heavenly Father through prayer and studying the scriptures. I know He loves you and will graciously help you as you seek Him. I testify that to be true.

Mahal Kita,
Sister Delgado


A temple worker said," Wherever you sisters are serving,
they should be prepared for a gospel explosion!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment