Monday, October 19, 2015

Better Days

Kumusta Fam and Friends!
What a week it’s been in the Great Legazpi.
So last Tuesday, Rowena decided that she wanted to  stop investigating the church and that she would like to revisit the church at a later time in her life. Super sad. But It’s all alright. I know a seed was planted in her heart. Before we left her place, Sister Dehoyos just told her how much we loved her and her mom said that they would never forget us and all we’ve shared for them. Sister DeHoyos says, “Yeah If I were her I don’t think I'd be able to remember these two crazy Americans either.” Haha.
This week was awonderful week full of finding and teaching. Teaching when we find, and finding when we teach. We walked everwhere and talked with everyone. It feels so great to be tracting in Legazpi because miracles happen everytime! Especially when you do it prayerfully, you don’t ever feel lost going door to door. We made about 20 new investigators this week and we feel pretty great about all of them. A family that we found that really stook out to me was the Demdam family.
They just recently moved in from Daraga and own a photobooth company and were literally in the middle of unpacking as we first met them. We offered to help them but they wouldn’t let us lol. But we shared about how the gospel of Jesus Christ blesses families. Sister Demdam said that she has a lot of faith in Christ, she just doesn’t really know how or where to show it to God and that she’s kind of been searching for a way to do it. Sister DeHoyos and I were very happy to hear this and at the end of our message, we extended a baptismal date for sometime in December, but she said she would prefer December 24th. Which I thought was pretty odd because no other investigator had tailored their BD like that during the  very first lesson. I asked why such a specific date? And she said she wants it December 24th because that’s when her oldest little boy turns 8 years old….
I was like what??? How did you know he needs to turn 8 before he can be baptized?? And she was like oh I didn’t! I just thought it would be a great birthday  if he got baptized on his birthday! Haha it was cute and Sister DeHoyos and I pray that this family will continue to grow in the gospel and listen to promptings of the spirit.
An update on the Gonzales family: Very active!! I can't really explain the feeling of seeing recent converts you found and went through so much with before your baptism, and then to see them so active in the church and being so heavily involved in the community of the church. Last General conference I forgot to mention what a tender moment it was to see them all come to the stake center to watch conference and seeing them all pull out their journals and pens and take notes… SO SWEET! And Denise has been proselyting with us and bearing her testimony to so many of our investigators … it’s the sweetest experience to witness them continue to progress and grow in the gospel. Denise keeps telling us how excited she is to go on a mission and go to them temple. I know for a fact that I knew the Gonzales family before this life and promised them I’d do all I could to find them. I love this family so dearly!!!  They are so genuine and are not afraid to come closer to Christ and learn more at every opportunity. 
Such a great week! Well I hope all of you have another great week and remember how much the Savior loves each of us individually. 
Love, 
Sister Delgado
About to go out and conquor the massive wind and rain!!
This cute little girl is a Delgado and she wanted to take a pic. So sweet! 

No comments:

Post a Comment