Sunday, February 8, 2015

Labing dalawa days until the Philippines??! Ano Bayan???

Kumusta Fam!!!

AHG! All the photos of the grandkids are so cute! Please tell Branson and Kyra happy birthday for me! Also, please give all my cousins aggressive hugs and kisses for me.Tell London, Aaron, and Isaac that I'm waiting for their letters! They're getting so big and so cute! Jude's long hair will forever make me melt. I cant wait to see McKenna Junior!! Mom, you are looking so good it's not fair! I love all the photos you send me. You are all such attractive people. Especially Gma ;) Thank you for sharing.

Last night my district and I received our travel plans and we all screamed with excitement! Our hearts were exceedingly glad!! I love my district so much it's going to be sad to leave them. Luckily three out of the 6 will be going to Legazpi. The flight plans say that we fly from Salt Lake to Tokyo, Japan, then to Manila on the 19th! WOWOWOW. It's gonna be a long flight but I'm excited for the adventure.
This week has been fantastic. We learn about the gospel everyday and it never gets old. I love the gospel of Jesus Christ! Oh how grateful I am to be the Lord's servant and learn more and more about His doctrine everyday. Our devotional this past Tuesday was about keeping the commandments and being converted to the Lord. During our district discussion we started talking about what it means to be truly converted. Being converted unto Christ includes obeying the commandments and keeping your covenants. We learn as missionaries that we actually deprive investigators the opportunity of being convert when we don't invite or commit them to do something. I never thought of it that way...But it's so true!! Because Christ's restored gospel is true, investigators dont need to take my word for it. If they seek to know if something is true with diligence and sincerity, God promises that He will reveal the truth unto those who ask in prayer. Alam ko po na totoo! 

Another great experience I had was when we were in class and we got to dissect the 50th section of the Doctrine and Covenants. I love how it emphasized over and over again that we are to teach with the Spirit. We are not asking investigators to join the church for us, but for our Heavenly Father. Part of our purpose includes bringing God's children unto Him and helping others become closer to Him that they may feel of His love and find purpose in this life. Bearing our testimonies of what we know to be true to investigators will never be enough because they must learn of the truth for themselves. That's another thing I love and appreciate about this gospel. It's not on me or anyone to literally convert people. No one can do that except it be through the Holy Ghost and the Savior. My first couple of weeks I sort of struggled because I felt like it was on me to ensure that people are converted unto the gospel. I was secretly outcome orientated and it drove me nuts. I'm so grateful the MTC is teaching me how to teach with spirit and rely upon God more than I ever have before in my life. God is truly the at the head of this work. Alam ko po na God will bless my investigators and our lessons as I'm obedient to the commandments and missionary rules, have harmony with my kasama, study diligently and hard in both tagalog and in the gospel, and try my best every single day. I'm glad to say that no matter the outcome on my day, I gave the Lord my all and I will continue to do so for the next 17 months. 

I would invited you all to study the doctrine and gospel of Christ found in 2 Nephi 31 and Moroni 6. But this time, dont just read it. Ponder upon its teachings and read slowly. I especially love these chapters because  our heavenly father's plan for us is so simple and so plain, yet immensely powerful. I'm so grateful Christ atoned for our sins and God loves us enough to send us our Savior. 

I love my Savior so much and I feel His hand in my life everyday. I think one thing that's super hard is that sometimes we forget about Him and mistake our lack of remembrance to be his absence. He is and never will be absent from our lives because He loves so much! He died for us and literally felt every single pain in the world. He and the Father are the only ones who truly knows us and will help us when no one else can. If ever you feel alone, please don't deprive yourself. Turn to the Savior. He is your advocate to the Father and loves you unconditionally. 
Sometimes when we feel life is so hard, it's good to take yourself to Gethsemane and Calvary. Take yourself back to where the Savior suffered and bled for you. I promise you will come back feeling different. 

This week has been wonderful. Everyday is hard, but i love it. Weird huh? Haha. 
MahalMahalMahal Kita!!
Sister Delgado 
Getting our travel plans felt like getting a mission call all over again. SO MASIGLA

So another thing I did this week that I didn't mention in my last letter is that I was able to host new missionaries coming to the MTC. So that meant I had to watch parents say goodbye to their missionaries and take them to their new place to get settle. Took me back to literally a month ago when I first came here to the MTC. I'VE BEEN ON MY MISSION FOR A MONTH OMG! Haha so I was crying a lot that day too. 

Something funny I wanted to share was that my tagalog teacher sat me and kasama and our elder down to evaluate us on our tagalog. He asked us to say a couple of things in tag and ask us to share an experience to the best of our ability. So we all shared. Then after my teacher said that I was the best one at sharing experiences in tagalog because "she just goes for it and filipinos will at least be able to understand that" I thought that was super funny because I definitely wouldn't have thought that, but it makes me happy that I'm at least understandable. So thank you for your prayers for me in learning the language. It's coming and I'm so happy. Since it's my last week here I'm do my best to learn as much as possible AHG! I definitely have a long ways to go but I love it all. 

Thank you so much grandpa for the email about prayer. I love that scripture in Alma and have it marked in my scriptures. Indeed prayer is the key to heaven! You are amazing. I'm so grateful I have such a righteous family who loves me and keeps their commitments to God and keeps the commandments. I love you all so much and miss California. My feet hurt already and my skin is dry. But no worries because the Philippines will change all of that. I'll constantly be wet and my feet will have lost feeling. haha. 

Mahal Kita
Sister Delgado 

GRABE I MET ANOTHER SISTER DELGADO FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER!
 She's legit. Obvi bc she's a Delgado. I dont think we're related. But WOW!

Oh how I love these sisters!
Best zone ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment