Monday, March 2, 2015

First Area: Gubat

HOLY COW kumusta everyone!!

Well, this is my new area for the next 12 weeks. I love Legazpi so much, it's so green, full of trees and so many humble people here. I'm literally in the jungle. Like literally. Like I fell in a pile of mud on our way to a member's house. hahaha Sister Padre and I laugh about that all the time... AND YEAH! Sister Padre my new companion is wonderful I adore her so much. She's from Cavite and a native.... I praying for a native so that I could learn more from her Tagalog. I actually call her Sister Madre becauses she's also my mom. Like when we're walking to places and for a split second I don't see her and I spaz out and try to find her, she's already holding my hand. We are so alike and I learn from her everyday. She's a great missionary/ teacher and has been giving me many opportunities to teach with her in tag. I can tell she loves me and tries her best everyday. Also, my mission president and his wife President and Sister Guanzon are so great. I love them so much and appreciate all the hard work they do for us missionaries.

It's funny because here everyone is so interest in my race and in my last name haha. They're extremely complimentary and give me and Sister Padre discounts whenever we buy things ;) haha. Haha. It's hot here. Like I'm sweating my face off all the hours of the day, and when we cook and clean I'm drenched. haha Living in the Philippines is hard work and an adjustment but I wouldn't change it for the world. 

Sister Padre and I taught 20 lessons since I got here on Wednesday. It's been crazy/ amazing. I extended baptism to two investigators and they both said YES! Nanay Laya and Tatay Erhina! Now we just have to help them prepare for their baptismal date. We have so many people we contact every day. Between less active members, recent converts, and investigators... we are BUSY BEEs.

I love the members of the branch here. They call me princess Delgado but I have to remind them to call me Sister Delgado.. haha they are too nice. I talk about My mom and dad every day because everyone is so interested which one of my parents is Filipino and where my dad is from and how I know tagalog lol. One time Sister Padre and I were in the fish market and they kept calling "sister sister sister!" to get my attention to buy their fish , then that progressed to " DELGADO DELGADO DELGADO DELGADO!!" oh my gosh I about died and went home with no fish....

The branch isn't big enough to be a ward and there weren't that many people at church that i'm used to seeing pero let me tell you.. they are strong. They may be small in numbers but they are just as dedicated as us missionaries to help others come closer to Christ through his restored gospel.

Everyday is seriously an adventure. Between the Tricycle and Jeepney rides... haha I'm really putting trust in the Lord that we won't die from the crazy drivers here.. lol. My self reliance skills are definitely improving as Sister Padre teaches me how to survive out here. haha. Between washing our clothes by hand, showering with a bucket and cold water every day, cooking/ cleaning super manually, I'm definitely adjusting. I pray to God that I will be able to leave this area better than when I found it and get to know/ help members of the branch here be strengthened. I also pray that I'll be able to memorize and recognize the 30 something people we teach every week.

My faith in Christ is strengthened every day because I'm amazed at how much I accomplish with my kasama everyday and still survive and successfully teach. I know God is at the head of this work and that through his restored gospel, we can bumalik sa langit Diyos. I know that Joseph Smith saw God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ. I know God restored His gospel on the earth today and that the Book of Mormon is another testament of Christ. I read that book every day and I testify to you all that it has given me strength beyond measure and through Christ I can do all thing expedient in him. I know the Book of Mormon contains the doctrine of Christ and all those we invite to read here in Gubat experience a difference in their lives. I'm so proud of the people here for allowing the gospel to change their lives. I dont know a stronger group of people.

I love Gubat and love you all. 
Remember how blessed we truly are! 
Sister Delgado loves you all! 















Another cool thing I wanted to share about my stay at the Manila MTC is that I got to speak during the Sacrament Meeting about the Savior's atonement.. got to love those suprise talks. Again totally unexpected. And I also love President and Sister Trask to death! Manila is gorgeous and I cant wait for us to go back ;) 



No comments:

Post a Comment