Tuesday, March 10, 2015

I Love Where I Am!

Kumusta all! 

Wow what a week. So much happens in such a short amount of time. Gubat is great. I'm sure enjoying the jungle. Im also finally starting to familiarize myself with all the families and their names. Haha there's so many to keep track of, but I have really grown to love them. The Philippines is so beautiful. My favorite part of the day is when the sun goes down and you can see the sky turn red or orange. I love seeing the coconut trees everywhere. Sobrang Ganda ang Legazpi Mission!

Sister Padre and I experienced a lot different things this week. We were able to go on companionship exchanges and so I went to Bacon area with Sister Training Leader Sister Coleman. She's from Utah and is leaving for home in a couple weeks, so of course she was amazing at teaching in tagalog. Her place is right next to the ocean.... living near the ocean what a sight to see here in the phil. I learned a lot from her on how to be a better teacher as a missionary and in tagalog.

Of all the people Sister Padre and I taught this week, I felt truly touched after teaching nanay Hareno. Her husband works as the branch mission leader and her daughter attends church with her kids. Nanay and her daughter had had some problems for quite some time and refused to ever go to church again because she didnt want to see her daughter there. She expressed this to us and we felt sorry for her. Sister Padre and I promised her that if she will go to church and softened her heart towards her daughter, she would see miracles happen. And if she went to church and partook of the sacrament, she would be able to recieve forgiveness of her sins through the sacrafice of Jesus Christ. When we left her house I felt the spirit, but had no expectation of seeing her attend church. Sunday comes and Sister padre and I see her....

This feeling of joy I had about seeing her attend and put aside any pride she had made me feel... I cant even describe it. Pure joy for her. Even though it was a simple thing to do, I know it took a lot of courage for her to come even though her daughter was there. So proud of nanay. Sister Padre and I felt so happy for her.

I also had a special experience with the pimentel family, a less active. This week we taught them about the importance of family prayer and family scripture study and church attendance. To the best of my ability, I bore testimony that scripture study and prayer with your family brings miracles. I shared about how it change my relationship with my mom for the better and that we have become closer because of it. I shared with them that I have seen how the Book of Mormon can change hearts and lives of people, as it has changed mine. I was very emotional while explaining, and they were too. We asked the Pimentel family if they would pray and read as a family, and they accepted and have been doing great! Tatay's prayers have really improved and you can tell hes been working on it. We visited them again yesterday because they didn't attend church, and they said it was because they didnt have money for the tricycle to take them :( But then we shared why church attendance is important to God for the welfare of their souls, especially with partaking of the sacrament and tatay promised he would make a better effort for next Sunday.  I felt that he truly ment that.

lol sometimes I can see Sister Padre's eyes fall out of her sockets when she sees how bold I can be with these families, but I know that this gospel can change their lives. I love the people of Gubat and pray that they will allow the gospel to make them more happy and live a more fulfilled life with savior more abundantly influenced in their every day actions.

I love where I am and I love what I'm doing.
Wouldn't change anything at all. 
mahal kita
Sister Delgado











THE PIMENTEL FAMILY

COMPANIONSHIP EXCHANGE IN BACON! 




GORGEOUSNESS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment