Monday, May 18, 2015

A Tribute to Sister Padre and Missionary Work‏

Hello Family and Friends,


Yes, breaking news. My companion is being transferred.
I'M GOING TO MISS HER SO MUCH.

I know with all my heart that Sister Zesarina Vivica Padre was meant to be my companion. She's one of those people where you know God specifically place someone in your life so that you could learn and grow and want to be a better person. I think my favorite thing about Sister Padre is that she taught me to be a better missionary in a way that wasnt chastising and rude. Through her example, I was able to stretch myself in ways I never knew possible for the people here in Gubat. She told me the Christlike attribute she was able to really exercise during our companionship was patience. Which I know is completely valid. But the attribute I was able to learn these past two transfers was love. Without genuine, pure love, there is no qualification to assist in this work.

It was funny because I remember thinking that having one of your best friends as your companion was supposed to be this fun! haha I'm so blessed to have met Sister Padre. Words cant explain how grateful I am for all she has done for me. We've experienced so much together and she's seen it all. I will always remember these last two transfers with her for the rest of my life. I will always carry the wonderful example my trainer showed me. Gubat will miss Sister Padre terribly. I will miss one of my best friends terribly. But I know her talents and skills are needed in other areas, and I am excited to embark upon a new journey with my new companion. 

Life is a beautiful thing and is ever changing. The beauty of change is the opportunity to grow and stretch yourself. I had no idea the amount of strength one can receive once in the service of God. I'm done with adjusting to all the hard things a new missionaries experiences, thank goodness. I'm so grateful the Lord has blessed me with so much, namely my family. 

This last Sunday I had the opportunity to speak in Sacrament meeting about missionary work. Yes, all in Tagalog of course ;) As members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, it's frankly our duty to share the gospel in any way we can. Prophets of old have counseled us to do so. In Moses 1:39, God says His work and glory is bringing to pass the immortality and eternal life of man. What a marvelous cause. If this be God's work and glory, oh how blessed we will be if we are to assist in His work! Not only will God bless us as we share the gospel to our fellow brothers and sisters, but we will naturally feel true happiness. That true happiness I've found comes from internally gospel principles within yourselves, thus strengthening your testimony of the restored gospel, serving others by sharing the gospel, and in resulting in genuine love because you see their value as children of God and want them to return to Heavenly Father's presence. 

I know that through missionary work, the gates of Heaven will open and blessings will be poured upon our heads. The gospel provides TRUE help to those in need, whether rich or poor. And that is a fact that I stand by firmly.

I love this gospel and this beautiful work.
I am so happy to be staying in Gubat.
I love these people and my mission. My journey.

Mahal kita mga kapatid!
Sister Delgado

Anyone Hungry?
:D
My sweet girls Sharon and Angela :)


I love Gubat!! I mean COME ON!!

No comments:

Post a Comment