Monday, August 31, 2015

I'm Obsessed!

Kumusta family and friends.

Wow. What a week. Haha.
SO yeah,  now my companion Sister DeHoyos got sick this week. Interesting. Haha. 
But we’re now all healthy and happy and everything is fine. We made our goal to push ourselves again and do better than we did the week before with only four days to work. So yes, with the Lord’s help we managed to teach FIFTY lessons in four days. It felt so amazing to just give everything we had and more. I'm so proud of sister DeHoyos. I know its hard being in a foreign country and having so much expected of her as the Lord’s missionary. But never the less, she has stepped up immensely and is helping our area in Legazpi in a way no one else can. I know the Lord is so proud of her personal growth and so am I.
 
This week was super busy and amazing. I was able to give a workshop in our district meeting about the book of Mormon and it was just so amazing to strengthen my testimony. I was researching a bunch of talks given by the apostles about the divinity of the book of Mormon and of course, no one pierces my soul the way Jeffery R Holland does. For those who have not heard his talk “Safety for the Soul”.. go find it and read it! As I have been researching more about the Book of Mormon, I came across one of my new favorite chapters in the Book of Mormon. 3 Nephi chapter 18. When the savior comes to minister unto the Nephites about the importance of the sacrament. My favorite promise the savior made was in verse 6-8 promising that as we take the sacrament and remember His name, we will always have His spirit to be us. Though it’s a simple promise, the blessing’s worth is beyond measure. And so as Sister DeHoyos and I discussed this promise in our personal study, we thought it would be a good idea to emphasize the importance of the sacrament to our Less actives. And as we share this scripture and saw the light in their eyes while reading the words directly coming from the Savior himself in 3 Nephi Chapter 18, each lesson was very tender. 

It was even more tender when we saw saw almost all of our less actives in our area come to church. It was such a miracle to see so many of them come. My personal testimony of the savior just keeps growing and growing as I study the book of Mormon and share the gospel to others and witness the changes and blessing in their lives. There is nothing more fulfilling, more sweeter, nor rich than immersing yourself in the gospel of Jesus Christ and serving others. For those who may be struggling, I can testify that the promise in Moroni chapter 7 is true. Through Christ, anything is possible.  Sister DeHoyos and I were full of smiles and just love this work so much. Im obsessed. There I said it. Hahaha. I love being a missionary! I love my companion, she teaches me more than she knows.

Have a wonderful week, all! 
Mahal kita,
Sister Delgado
Our favorite kids from Victory Village :)


No comments:

Post a Comment