Sunday, September 6, 2015

What a WEEK!!!

Family and friends. 
WHAT A WEEK.
So this week’s highlight was Elder Haynie, the newly called area seventy here in the Philippines came to Legazpi this week to speak to the missionaries at mission tour and to speak to the saints here in Legazpi at our stake center. Oh man what a treat it was to see him and to hear his words. One thing he really focused in on for the missionaries was following the spirit and distinguishing the importance of first impressions and the importance of prayer. He gave us reading assignements (in which I would encourage you all to read as well). 
1) prayer in the bible dictionary 
2) the calling of Enoch; Moses chapter 6. Both reading assignments have helped me spiritually prepare for his seminar to us and for the things he’s shared to the saints here in the Philippines. 
The Saturday night session, President Guanzon asked a bunch of missionaries to tell him a story that helped others come unto to Christ, whether it be through a baptism or helping a less active become reactivated again through the help of the ward counsel and ward leaders. I immediately thought of the Gonzales family and how the ward members in Legazpi were so willing to fellowship and make them feel comfortable during their conversion process. So I told president more about the process of how this family reacted to the ward cousel’s planning and fellowshipping for them and sent in some photos. Then President said that during the Saturday night adult session with Elder Haynie and all the wards from Daraga, Legazpi, and Guinobatan, he would call one of the missionaries to come up and share the experience. I was a bit scared because I didn’t know that was his plan after I told him the story!!! So during the conference, President Guanzon goes up and gives his introduction and says, “I would like to call upon Sister Delgado to please come up here to share her experience with a family her and her companion found about 2 months ago. “ OH MAN. I was so nervous to be honest because there were like 4 wards there and an area 70 President Haynie too! 
But once I got up there just talking to them about the Gonzales family and the miracles we’ve seen through the support of the ward in helping this family and how we are expecting a baptism this week, I felt so overwhelmed and almost speechless. The amount of love I’ve developed for this family and the ward members fellowshipping them has touched my heart so deep. I started to cry. Haha I do that a lot because as I was explaining their conversion process and the cooperation of the members, I felt the spirit testify to me that THIS is the way missionary work ought to happen. Through the support of members and leaders and full dedication on the missionary’s part. I testified to the saints in that conference that through working together in finding and teaching and fellowshipping, the Lord will provide for the rest. And as President Guanzon was scrolling through our pictures with the ward and Gonzales family, we came across a picture of Chelsea holding a sign that she made saying “Jesus, all I want to do is to get to know you more intimately.”  Remember this little girl is 10 years old. As President and I saw this picture, our eyes met and were both teary. We know the message that we wanted to convey to the members, but it wouldn’t have been nearly as powerful had the spirit not been there. 
After I shared and the conference was over, so many members came up to me and Sister DeHoyos and said how touched and how much they loved the story of the Gonzales family.  They all said they want to come to Denise’s baptism this Wednesday and I hope we can all fit! Haha. 
My gosh I just love this work. I love the people I'm serving.
Missionary work is not easy, but it’s worth it. 
It’s the single most important thing I’ve ever done in my entire life. Helping others come unto Christ is a blessing. 
Now go out and change the world folks! 
There is much we need to do and the work is hastening.
Go out and find a missionary and ask him or her how you can help. :)
Love you all lots!
Sister Delagdo
Teaching the Botero family :)


Got to see my favorite one and only
SISTER PADRE at mission Tour :)





Me and Sister DeHoyos.
What a sister. lol


No comments:

Post a Comment