Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Ingat MTC!‏!!



Kumusta Everyone! 


The MTC is giving us the chance to do once last load of laundry and email our families so that's why I'm emailing on Wednesday and not Saturday. TOMORROW at 3:30 AM my district and I leave for the Philippines!! CRAZY! I'm so grateful for the MTC and for it has done to help me prepare for the Filipinos I'll be serving. 

My last couple of days here have been quite memorable. Every Sunday the Branch Leaders pick Elders and Sisters to speak during sacrament and give like 5 minute talks. The catch is, they never tell you who they're going to pick.  My favorite branch leaders Brother and Sister Donohoo were conducting. As I was preparing the hymns for the sacrament, a couple of elders came up to me and asked if I was ready to give my talk. I looked at them and said they were crazy and that someone else from the new districts were going to speak. Normally each Sunday I at least prepare a scripture or thought just in case I'm called on, but I was so certain I wasn't going to get called on I didn't even prepare a thought let alone a scripture. And of course, the joke was on me. As soon as Brother Donohoo called my name to be the sister speaker,  the word, "WHAT!" definitely left my mouth without my permission. It was a lot louder than I thought when I heard everyone laugh. I died a little. But it was too funny. The Lord has a sense of humor. Luckily the topic was on the Book of Mormon and I have had plenty of time here at the MTC to strengthen my testimony of it's truthfulness and bear witness at any given moment that it is the word of God. And that if we abide by the teachings it gives and live the commandments, we will come closer to Christ and our Heavenly Father. 

Yesterday's devotional was of course wonderful as usual. The talk was given by Elder and Sister Johnson from the quorum of the 70. They really emphasized how we as missionaries must proclaim the reality of our God and how He truly and literally is our Father in Heaven. It was essential for Joseph Smith to have the first vision and see that the Father is of flesh and bone, a separate being from Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost, and is very much involved with the work of our salvation. It's so important for everyone, not just investigators, but everyone to have a relationship with our father in heaven so that we may be able to return to His presence. I know God loves us and I know that He is not just a spirit who is "sometimes there". No. He is always there and always willing to help us. WE need to make the effort to reach out to Him and humble ourselves enough to change our ways if it'd be His will. As I read the Book of Mormon with more sincereity and love those around me, I'm slowly able to see the face of God. There is no doubt in my mind that He exists and this is His work and glory. (Moses 1:39) We also discussed how the conversion process must happen to me before it can happen to anyone I teach. The direct words Elder Johnson said was "Dont you dare invite someone else to do something your're not willing to do." Yeah, they're pretty blunt dito sa MTC. But it's so true. I'm so grateful that the invitations we give to investigators are not only for them but for the missionaries as well. I think of it as a way to keep us in check. 

In the book of Alma Chapter 26 we read:

 11 But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God.

 12 Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

The Lord is my strength. For the rest of my life, I will defend is name and live up to the covenants I've made with Him.

While in the Philippines I will give the Lord all of me and Invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. I'm so ready to embrace everything sa Philippines and serve with all my heart. 

Ingat Kayo 
Mahal Kita
Sister Delgado

Legaspi City Airport in the Philippines
Famous Mayan Volcano



No comments:

Post a Comment