Sunday, February 15, 2015

The day is almost here!



Kumusta Mga Tao!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY DEAREST PAPA MINSON!! AND HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY TO THE KAMBAL JACEIL AND JASMINE! I hope you all had a wonderful time celebrating. Sending you all love dito sa MTC. 

5 days my district and I are off to the Philippines! Ahh! President Howard said that after we stay at the Manila MTC for 5 days, Sister Snyder (kasama ko), Elder Madsen, and I will be driving from Manila to Legazpi. Ay Nako grabe.......... hahaha SO please pray Sister Delgado will survive that long car ride :-) Pero ok lang. I'm so excited and wouldnt want to do or be anywhere else. 

A lot of great things happened this week. My district and I got to do skype TRC, which is where we get to teach members of the church from the Philippines over skype. Sister Synder and I got to teach a lady named Blossom. Hahaha she's so funny. We were laughing and talking so much. We shared with her a message about enduring to the end, and she was very spiritually receptive. Mahal ko siya! She said she would come see us when we go to the Manila Temple.. Fingers crossed! 
I love finding the native filipinos here at the MTC and just talk to them in tagalog. It's really good practice and super fun.

Yesterday was in field orientation. Lots of information thrown at us, but definitely a great learning experience. It was cool because the main speaker served in Olongapo, Philippines and so our district found his stories from his mission extra interesting. He asked us if any of us were afraid to approach strangers to share the gospel. My Sister Snyder, Elder Madsen and I look at each other and shook our heads no........pero sa tagalog YES. Hahaha. At the end of that day my district and I felt super weird because no one was speaking to us in tagalog expect for ourselves. Our ears were yearning for tagalog... too much english! 

My favorite scripture from my personal studies this week was in Mosiah 4 in the Book of Mormon. Super powerful chapter about so many topics that will help us become better disciples of Christ, forgiveness, humility, and more that I want you all to find for yourself! 
My favorite scriputres are

     Mosiah 4:6  I say unto you, if ye have come to a knowledge of the goodness of God, and his matchless power, and his wisdom, and his patience, and his long-suffering towards the children of men; and also, the atonement which has been prepared from the foundation of the world, that thereby salvation might come to him that should put his trust in the Lord, and should be diligent in keeping his commandments, and continue in the faith even unto the end of his life.

     Mosiah 4:9 Believe in God; believe that he is, and that he created all things, both in heaven and in earth; believe that he has all wisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth; believe that man doth not comprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend.

This chapter in Mosiah was such a tender mercy for me because I was feeling particularly tired, and it's amazing how much strength I gained from the Book of Mormon. The best part was that I just flipped to a random page, and i found this one. The Lord truly is our strength. Though he asks us to have patience and long suffering towards our afflictions, the Lord does the same for us and always has. As we leave our trials on His alter and submit ourselves to be His disiples, he will bless us. Something I've felt here at the MTC is that we shouldn't do things with the intention of expecting something in return all the time. Especially with following the Lord. We shouldn't follow his commandments simply for blessings, but rather because we love Him and would do anything for him. Blessings come due to the natural order of life and consequence. But if we serve others and follow the Lord with intention of pure love, then will we know what true happiness is. I know this to be true. 

I'm so grateful for everything I've learned at the MTC and am so excited for the new adventure i'll embark upon in 5 days. Thank you for all the prayers. I love the Lord and am so grateful for my Savior. 

God is good. 

Mahal kita
Sister Delgado

I sure love these Sisters




No comments:

Post a Comment