Wednesday, April 15, 2015

A Solid Week



Kumusta Magandang Tao! 
So this week was interesting and great and crazy. Sister Padre and were able to extend more baptismal dates to our investigators and set goals on how to help them prepare for that special day of coming closer to their savior. 
One of these investigators was the Fajardo Family. I realize that I talk about them a lot, but I can't help it! The Fajardo family is the family where the tatay works for the Catholic church and cleans every Sunday. Sister Padre and I are praying for a way for them to be able to make it church. What really makes sister Padre and I have such a desire to not give up on them is because of their progression of the Book of Mormon. When we re extended baptism to them on Thursday, the both testified that the Book of Mormon is true. They’re so diligent in reading the Book of Mormon together and committed to live the word of wisdom- in other words for them- give up coffee. After our last follow up with them and they said that they haven’t been drinking coffee and are continuing in their reading assignments, my heart was happy. I know it’s a big sacrifice for them to live the word of wisdom, and I know in my heart that as they continue to study the Book of Mormon, live God’s commandments, He will truly provide a way for them. This family means so much to me and Sister Padre, and no matter when their baptism date may be, we’ll never stop trying. They at first had some doubts about the Book of Mormon because it was translated by Joseph Smith. But as they read the Book of Mormon and prayed, there was no denying that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that theres no way a man of 3rd grade schooling could of possibly written it by himself alone.  
I'm so grateful for the chance I had to listen to general conference…
I really can't pick a favorite talk because all were so great and exactly what I needed to hear. I really like President Uchtdorf’s talk about the grace of God.  My favorite is when he said:
Trying to understand God’s gift of grace with all our heart and mind gives us all the more reasons to love and obey our Heavenly Father with meekness and gratitude. As we walk the path of discipleship, it refines us, it improves us, it helps us to become more like Him, and it leads us back to His presence. “The Spirit of the Lord [our God]” brings about such “a mighty change in us, … that we have no more disposition to do evil, but to do good continually.”
Therefore, our obedience to God’s commandments comes as a natural outgrowth of our endless love and gratitude for the goodness of God. This form of genuine love and gratitude will miraculously merge our works with God’s grace. Virtue will garnish our thoughts unceasingly, and our confidence will wax strong in the presence of God.
I really believe this principle is true and have seen it slowly but surely; little by little in investigators, recent converts, and less active members. 
That's all for this week folks. More to come I'm sure. Filipinos are .... filipinos. haha of course sweet and hilarious as always. Im so hot and sweaty, but loving it all. I refer to my training period as my trip and fall period. haha. I'm so grateful for my companion and the many things i learn from here. She's a gem and means so much to me.. I know that us being companions wasnt a coincidence. I am so blessed!
mahal kita
Sister Delgado
Tricey Rides

Language Study Haha
Being on the Lord's errand is the best; at the internet Cafe!

No comments:

Post a Comment