Monday, April 6, 2015

Baptisms, Typhoons, and 3 months of my mission gone???‏

Hello Everyone!

This week was pretty great... Sister Padre and I had our first baptism! Tatay Enrique Joven. 
OPh, btw I've been calling the people here in the Philippines nanay and tatay because nanay means "mom" and tatay means "dad" and so we just call them either of those names along with their last name here. lol goood stuff. 

So tatay comes from a part member family, which means his family is a member, just not him. We've been teaching tatay since the first day I got here in Gubat. I'm so grateful he understands the importance of baptism as he strives to come closer to the Savior and our Heavenly Father. It was a great experience. Our progressing investigators Brother and Sister Fajardo came to the event and to Sacrament the next day. Lots of great things happening here in Gubat. :)

Well, I survived my first transfer here in the Philippines!! Meaning I've been here on the field for 6 weeks and have finished 3 out of the 18 months here on my mission... Like where did time go?! haha

Everything is just fine here, the typhoon didnt effect me or the other sisters in the Sorsogon zone. Sister Padre and I just had to evacuate from our place and went to go to Sorsogon to stay with the other sisters. Thank you so much for all your love and concern. 

But during those days we spent in Sorsogon, we didnt really work that much. We had lots of time to do our studies however and study the scriptures. We also had the chance to go to the chapel in Sorsogon to watch the young women's General Conference... and oh my it was so amazing. It was so relevant to today's world issues and focused on the importance of families.. I laughed pretty hard at the part when the Filipino lady didnt want to accept the calling of becoming a primary teacher because she didnt have any kids and doesnt have patience with anyone else's. Definitely laughed out loud.

Every week when I recieve emails of encouragement and strength, I print them out and read them whenever I need comfort. So this week I read my papa Minson's email on the gift of the Holy Ghost, as we was referring to President Eyring's talk at the General Young Women's broadcast. 

The role of the Holy Ghost is so important in our lives, especially in times of crisis. God loves us so much that he gave us the gift of the Holy Ghost after we are baptized. Of course anyone can feel the warmth and truth of the Holy Ghost, but once we are baptized with the proper priesthood authority, we recieve the gift of the Holy Ghost; meaning that no mater what the circumstance may be, we can call upon this precious gift to comfort us, receive revelation, and feel of the love Heavenly Father And Jesus Christ has for us. 

Henry B Erying quoted:

 26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

I may not know what it means to live in crisis the way these Filipinos do, but I sure know what it means to be brought to your knees through the experiences here on the mission. These last three months and first 6 weeks here on my mission have been so fulfilling and I'm so grateful to be on the Lord's errand. I'm so grateful for the power of prayer and the gift of the Holy Ghost to comfort and help me every day so that I can do the Lord's work. How blessed and loved we are that we have the ability to find true happiness through the gospel and the ability to feel of God's love anytime we need. Every day im realizing how blessed I am to be on this mission and how much I took everything for granted back home... Namely plumbing serves and toilet paper. lol 

As sister Padre and I teach our investigators and less actives and recent converts of the church, we will challenge them to listen to the words of the Prophet by attending the General Conference sessions and applying the words of the Prophet in their lives. I know that Thomas S. Monson is a true Prophet of God. I know that God is the source of all truth and desires for His children to know of this truth and live happy, righteous lives. How privileged we are to have the fullness of the gospel and all the tools we need to feel of God's hand in our lives and recieve a remission of our sins through our savior Jesus Christ. The more I ponder upon the things I've known to be true my whole life, the more gratitude I feel for all I've been given and am thus a much happier missionary. :) Thank you so much for all the good you do in the world, and I can promise you that your efforts are not unnoticed or appreciated.

I  can't believe I only have 15 months left on my mission... I'm running out of time! Sister Padre and I just dumbfounded at how fast time goes, and we've rededicated ourselves to live life more fully as missionaries and to work harder everyday. Please continue to pray for us as we pray for you. :) 

Hope you all watch and enjoy conference.. im so excited to watch it this weekend! :)
Mahal kita
Sister Delgado
At the General Women's Broadcast.  Such a Wonderful Session :)

Tatay Joven's baptism:)

Tracting with Kim, a member of the Gubat Branch:)
We sure love beach trips!
We will miss Elder Peregrine because he's being transferred!!
Saw this and thought it was pretty hilarious. 
Tracking near the Sacred Grove. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment