Monday, April 27, 2015

Surprise Surprise!‏

Kumusta Lahat!
Aye Nako, what a beautiful, glorious week. Madaming mga bagay nangyari sa lingo ito! SO many things happened this week.
Well, Sister Padre and I started off our Tuesday with a good long jog. Then as I was in the shower I hear Sister Padre let someone in the apartment….. I was like WHAT, WHO, WHY??? Haha. Then I look out and it was the STLs (Sister Training Leaders) Sister Amparo and Sister Buban!! They said at our last zone training that we would have surprise exchanges, so when I saw them, I was definitely surprised, and scared! So Sister Padre packed her things and went out with Sister Bubam to the STL’s area in Bacon and Sister Amparo stayed with me in Gubat. Omg lahat. I was so nervous because I was the one to lead the area!! I really didn’t know if I could do it talaga. But the day was glorious. I leaded everything that day. The lessons, where we would go, what to do, who to see, what to share…lahat! Everything that Sister Padre does normally as my trainer, I did for Sister Amparo. The purpose of these exchanges is to point out strengths and improve upon weaknesses. And I’m truly so thankful for Sister Amparo! She’s this cute little Filipino who can speak tagalog super fast and teach with such power and conviction. I really needed this exchange. This exchange was wonderful opportunity for me to learn that whatever the Lord calls His servants to do, with His help they can do it! Everything went just fine. I remembered where everyone lived, who they were, somehow felt an extra amount of love for them, and of course spoke tagalog the entire day. Haha, I don’t really give much thought to my tagalog skill, but Sister Amparo was so impressed with how quickly I learned the language and how I was able to teach. I told her it was all because of my wonderful trainer Sister Padre constantly teaching me!  Sister Amparo was such a great addition to our busy day. We ended up teaching 6 lessons that day, which is pretty good considering the hours of study and evaluation we had to have that day. That day, I was so grateful for all the things Sister Padre taught me as her trainer.. Everything I did that day, I referred to the things Sister Padre taught. Sister Amparo told Sister Padre that she would recommend me to President Guanzon as a trainer and Sister Padre as an STL. Lol. Me and SIster Padre were like,”What?? ??” But, whatever happens, happens! I’ll be happy with whatever happens:)
I REALLY LOVE MY MISSION. I REALLY LOVE MY STLS AND COMPANION!
The highlight of this was BIANCA. 
Bianca is the daughter of our Relief Society President in our branch. She moved back from Manila with her two little kids. Her boyfriend is working abroad and so she is staying with her mom for now. The way we met her was sorta funny. Sister Padre and I were just tracting and passed by the RS president’s house. Then we saw Bianca outside the house doing some yard work. Sister Padre and I offered to help them and so we started shoveling dirt from their front yard into bags. Then after we were done, Bianca said “Sisters, I was being taught by missionaries in Manila, do you think you could teach me now?” Then Sister Padre and I were like, “UHM YEAH!!!” Lol then she gave her teaching record! This was a Friday since this happened. We then taught her on Saturday and Sunday and plan to teach her tonight! 
Bianca is such a receptive soul. She truly has a desire the example of Jesus Christ by receiving His restored gospel and being baptized. She has been actively going to church while living in Manila and plans to do so here as well. The only thing holding her back from being baptized is that her and her boyfriend need to married since they’ve been together for 8 years with two kids. Kind of sad she has wait, but she doesn’t let the wait stop her from continuing her journey in coming unto Christ. 
Last night our lesson was on the atonement of Jesus Christ  and how everyone can receive exaltation and forgiveness because of His sacrifice. Sister Bianca started to cry because she really felt the depth of the Savior’s love for all of us. She said she was so grateful for the Savior and His restored gospel and that even though she has to wait for baptism when the time is right, she’s so grateful for the missionaries teaching her how she come closer to Christ. Goodness I adore Bianca. I know she will make it to baptism, and even enter the temple one day.
What a tender mercy to have met her! So the moral of the story here is by doing service for others, miracles happen. Big or small. I definitely consider Bianca’s beautiful soul to be a huge miracle. 
With the Surprise visits of the STLS and revision of our mission rules and reviewing the mission direction, sister Padre and I are much more focused.
This week we were even able to achieve the Standard of Excellence by teaching 35 lessons!! Whahooo! 
This just means that we tried our best to teach as many people as we can at every opportunity. I love the Philippines and love the Lord and love where I am!
Ingat Palagi.
Mahal kita
Sister Delgado 
STL exchanges with Sister Amparo!
nakakaloca siya talaga.lol
mahal ko siya

No comments:

Post a Comment