Sunday, April 19, 2015

Deliverance

Kumusta Family and friends! 
So this week was a bit chaotic. Sister Padre and I were traveling back in forth trying to find medicines, random sickness episodes, and all sorts of craziness! Gubat is about 3 hours from Legazpi so that’s why it’s a bit cray, but its all part of the adventure. 
The highlight of this week was teaching Mary Joy and Enriquo.
They are an unmarried couple with a son with a desire to be baptized in the church. As the requirement for baptism is marriage, we taught them about the Law of Chastity and the blessings they will receive if they are married and sealed as a family. They were very receptive and understood the importance of following God’s plan. It was such a blessing to be able to teach about this subject to them because we didn’t know if they’d be in the position to do so, or be offended.
But as God’s servants on His errand, I really felt God’s support and His love for them through the powerful spirit that we felt while teaching them. In the Philippines, it’s financially hard to get married, but Mary Rose and Enriquo accepted the challenge of living the law of chastity by endeavoring to get married. Once they are married, they will reap the blessings of being an official family ordained of God, and will reap the blessings of baptism as well. Normally I don’t take photos during lessons, but with the Brown out and their tenderness while reading the scriptures, I snapped a quick photo. Of course they didn’t notice because Sister Delgado is way too sneaky. ;) Though their process of entering baptism will take a while, I know their desire to please God will never decimate and will continue to grow as they learn more about the Lord’s restored Gospel.  
Well, time is limited and I wish I had more of it. Next week I’ll share more awesome stories. Neverthe less I've learned a ton this week, most I can not share, but I can share this:
God is real. He is our loving Heavenly father. 
As we seek Him in all things, he will provide us delieverance. 
I was feeling sort of down and impatient with some of the health problems I've been having, and Sister Padre shared this scripture with me. 
Mosiah 7:33  But if ye will turn to the Lord with full purpose of heart, and put your trust in him, and serve him with all diligence of mind, if ye do this, he will, according to his own will and pleasure, deliver you out of bondage.
This scripture means so much to me, especially as a missionary. Serving and turning to the Lord is the only way to find true and everlasting deliverance. True happiness comes from serving others and letting them know how much they are loved by our Heavenly Father. We live in a generation where happiness is found in worldly possessions and things that aren’t important. With my mission combined with the Philippines living, true happiness comes through going out and helping others. Helping others with glad heart serves ultimately our God and His son Jesus Christ. As we obey, we experience the natural cause of happiness and receive extra blessings from them as well. This beautiful gospel is true worth it. 
God will deliever us...
These Filipinos are worth it and I love them so much.
Mahal kita,
Sister Delgado

Beloved Trycees. SO grateful for these things! 
Tracting!
Mary Joy and Enriquo reading the Book of Mormon during a 
brown out! (same as black out).
Nanay Joven, a recent convert. I love teaching her because
  she reminds me of my sweet grandma Dorie back home. 
She's such a gem!
And she's steady - Volcano in Legaspi
Behind the scenes of a trycee ride
Nanay Erhina. She is the sweetest!
So grateful for her love for misisonaries. 

Of course im her favorite putit sister ;)
Beautiful Sunset
Philippino Sunset
Me and Sister Padre's favorite house in Gubat:)


No comments:

Post a Comment