Tuesday, June 23, 2015

So does "Wow" even describe the week I've had? uhm, NO.‏

Kumusta Lahat!

So, I got emergency transferred. Yep. Had to leave my beloved Gubat and didn't get to say goodbye to the members of the branch there. But I'm sure everything happens for a reason.
I would just like to say that Gubat will always hold a special place in my heart. Its a special providence where I came to know the face of God because of all the challenges, heart ache, yearning, happiness, joy, and everything else I felt. Through it all, God was with me the entire time, even when it didn't seem like it. There in Gubat, I know God shaped me to become different. Not perfect, but more willing to submit myself to His will. I think the biggest thing the Philippines teaches missionaries is the necessity to let go of your will and do His. To ask yourself if you'll be the one to follow Him and do His work even when you feel that what you're doing isn't good enough of progresses direct results. I've learned so much here in Gubat, I can't imagine my life without experiencing serving in Gubat. I'm forever changed and deeply love the people I left behind.

I was actually on an STL exchange with Sister Padre again, when the Assistants to the President called and told me I have about 3 hours to travel back to Gubat (about 45 mins away from Sorsogon) and pack all my things because I'm headed to Legazpi to train a new Sister Missionary. So, my new companion is Sister Ramada.

Sister Ramada is the sweetest sister and so willing to learn and grow out here on the field. She is a short term missionary and will leave after our training. She's from an area in our mission called Tabaco and she's excited to be here. How lucky am I to have her as my companion! 

Our original area planned for us to go to is Bulusan, under Bulan Zone. I haven't heard much about the area, but all I know is that I will be opening it with Sister Ramada. Meaning that everything there will be brand new. New investigators, and we will be finding the houses of the less active members and the recent converts. 

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out, but there's no doubt in my mind that the Lord is always with me. And because of that, I have no fear.

One thing I'm teaching Sister Ramada right now as we proselyte with Sister Dizon and Jemino is that "Perfect love casteth out all fear" (Moroni 8). I especially need this foundation to be embeded in our hearts because we will be doing a TON of tracting. Sister Ramada truly understood this principle because I saw the holy ghost testifty to her how important this gospel is, and even more important that we feel genuine love for everyone we encounter.  Even now, we're starting to find some new investigators here in Legazpi and its the greatest thing ever. Its actually the happiest feeling ever when you walk around the streets your not familiar with at all, and you know God is walking right by your side because we hold in our hands a message worth sharing and a message that will help families be together forever- no matter what the situation may be. 

Actually, while tracting here in Legazpi, we found a family who was a bit busy at the time, but begged us to come back. So, we came back to teach them about how the gospel blesses families and it was the sweetest thing. The mother, Odette, really wanted her children to listen and engage in the message we had to share. It was crazy awesome. The only thing is that Odette really wanted to her kids to come to church with us and investigate, but she herself wasn't as interested. I know she really wants good values for her children and she wouldnt have invited us in if she didnt feel that our message was true. I plan on going back and planting a solid seed in that family because the potential is too great to ignore. Within just two days of being here in Legazpi, that happened. I'm just mind blowned with all that happened and sing praises of gratitude to the Lord Almighty. 

I will let you all know what happens to me and Sister Ramada as the days go by and keep you all in tuned. 

Life is so short and fast. Anything can happen within a blink of an eye.

I want to make it absolutely clear that I know this church is True. I know the gospel is restored and the Lord qualifies whom He calls. I'm not a native, and this all happened so fast with having the opportunity to guide Sister Ramada right now. Honestly, she's teaching me everyday as well. I see so much of myself in her when I first got here on the field. I know we were meant to be companions. I love this gospel and will stand firm in my belief in God forever. 

I hope you all take a moment to recognize how beautiful and wonderful life is no matter what happens, and be happy!

Just be happy. Life is too wonderful in a bigger perspective to feel otherwise.

mahal ko kayo!
ingat palagi

Sister Delgado 

saying goodbye to Sorsogon zone! :(...:)

lol Sister Padre and Sister Amparo's reaction to everything that happened.
Fitting all my things in the mission car was an experience. Wasnt it elder Hernandez? haha
Living with these STLs (sister Dizon and Sister Jemino) shouldnt be this fun... lol.
What is sleep anymore? .. joke! ;)

We take exercising super seriously. Mommy Guanzon would be proud. lol
My new companion: Sister Ramada and my old trainer Sister Padre.
We're just missing sister Dizon! We're all one big happy family. ;)
Something looks a little odd here.
Oh that's right, my hair is covering my nametag.
Oh hey, there's Elder Surio! 
Look at us being so good about wearing our retainers... #thestruggle.
Sister Jemino, Sister Dizon and Sister Ramada all made
 fun of me because of how wet I got after doing laundry....hahaha


Proselyting with my beloved Sister Jemino <3 <3
Prosleyting with grandma Sister Dizon <3 <3
ako at anak ko! Sister Ramada <3


Living with these STL's (Sister Dizon and Sister Jerino) shouldn't be this much fun...lol.
What is sleep anymore?...joke!;)

magandang umaga Mount Mayon!
Legazpi zone activity! 
Got to see my batch mates Elder Madsen and Sister Snyder from the Provo MTC!
Such a joyous occasion!
Legazpi zone sisters!  Ganda sila!
What Filipinos call "feelingrea". lol





No comments:

Post a Comment