Monday, June 1, 2015

So......Wow

Hello family and Friends!

Sorry for the late email.
Myldsmail was having technical difficulties and I wasn't able to open my email the whole day yesterday. But we're back in action!

Anyways, this week with Sister Ilago has been awesome.
We decided to track in a different area than we normally track and at the end of the week had 17 new investigators....... we normally get 9 or 10. Super stoked! 

Also, Sister Padre was originally supposed to be assigned in the Bulan zone, but due to changes in the mission, she's now a sister trainer leader here in Sorsogon. Lol I honestly thought I wouldn't see her for a long time, but now shes only 30 minutes and a phone call away. We actually had STL exchanges and Sister Padre and I served in Gubat AGAIN. haha just like old times. So basically I see her every Monday at Sorsogon and report our Key Indicators to her and Sister Amparo every week. Yeah, I'm laughing so hard too. 

The Philippines is so so so so soooooooooooo hot right now. Like any lack of fan, there is instant sweat.

An awesome experience I'd like to share is my experience with Sister Je. So, of course after our challenge of reading the Book of Mormon, she read 2 Nephi 31, Moroni 10, and the Introduction. She, of course, had her insights and issues towards having another book other than the Bible, but was yet receptive to the lesson. At the end of the lesson, it came down to her question of, "What is the purpose of these prophets here in the Book of Mormon? Why did they even write their records and what is the point of this book?"

Once she asked this question, my heart stopped.

My heart stopped because of the question she asked was exactly what I studied during my personal study in preparation for her visit. So many realizations occured to me in one moment. During my personal study, I studied in "Preach my Gospel", "the role of the Book of Mormon" and searched the scriptures because that same question Je had popped into my mind and urged me to search. Then and there I knew that the spirit was working through me and prepared me for something that Je needed to know.

So, all together we read 2 Nephi 25:22-30 in order to know the purpose of the records given from the Book of Mormon prophets:

22  Wherefore, these things shall go from generation to generation as long as the earth shall stand; and they shall go according to the will and pleasure of God; and the nations who shall possess them shall be judged of them according to the words which are written. 

23  For we labor diligently to write, to persuade our children, and also our brethren, to believe in Christ, and to be reconciled to God; for we know that it is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do.

24  And, notwithstanding we believe in Christ, we keep the law of Moses, and look forward with steadfastness unto Christ, until the law shall be fulfilled.

25  For, for this end was the law given; wherefore the law hath become dead unto us, and we are made alive in Christ because of our faith; yet we keep the law because of the commandments.

26  And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins.
27  Wherefore, we speak concerning the law that our children may know the deadness of the law; and they, by knowing the deadness of the law, may look forward unto that life which is in Christ, and know for what end the law was given. And after the law is fulfilled in Christ, that they need not harden their hearts against him when the law ought to be done away.
28  And now behold, my people, ye are a stiffnecked people; wherefore, I have spoken plainly unto you, that ye cannot misunderstand. And the words which I have spoken shall stand as a testimony against you; for they are sufficient to teach any man the right way; for the right way is to believe in Christ and deny him not; for by denying him ye also deny the prophets and the law.
29  And now behold, I say unto you that the right way is to believe in Christ, and deny him not; and Christ is the Holy One of Israel; wherefore ye must bow down before him, and worship him with all your might, mind, and strength, and your whole soul; and if ye do this ye shall in nowise be cast out.
30  And, inasmuch as it shall be expedient, ye must keep the performances and ordinances of God until the law shall be fulfilled which was given unto Moses.
After we read this, the room was silent.
The spirit was present.
Je admitted that she couldn't deny the Book of Mormon was true. But at the end of the lesson, she said that she respects the Book of Mormon, but will always give priority to the Bible. Meaning that she knows the Book of Mormon is true, but just choosing otherwise. As a missionary, it's a hard thing to see someone choose something other than what the spirit is testifying. But for me, I will never forget this experience. My faith is not built upon the opinion of men. That moment was another testiment that The Lord is very invloved with His work and that the book of Mormon is true. With the Bible and Book of Mormon, we have the fullness of the gospel and no longer live in apostasy. We will continue to help Je, and share to her as long as she permits us. In which I'm grateful for.
Well, I sure love my mission and where I'm at with life.
God is good, and His gospel is true.
Mahal kita
Sister Delgado
Two Beautiful Views: Sister Ilago and the 5am sunrise. #blessed
I'm not really as tired as I look!
Back at it again with my best friend.  Sister Padre just can't escape me... haha




Sure love the Sorgogon STLS!!! dikit lol
(Sister Amparo, Sister Illago, ako, Sister Padre)


Sister Ilago made some new friends.
Baby Nephi's crib


I love Gubat! 
:)


Beautiful things don't call for attention.

Members of the branch.

No comments:

Post a Comment