Friday, July 17, 2015

Life in Legazpi

Family and Friends.

36 new investigators in one week.
42 of them with baptismal dates.
35 lessons in one week.

These are a few of the key indicators that Sister Ramada and I achieved this week. I'm not suggesting that I am all about numbers, but what I want to express is that missionary work, with the help of the Lord is more than achievable. Within the last 4 weeks of opening our area here in Legazpi we now have over 50 investigators in total and all found through our own efforts.

At this point, I'm just trying to sink in everything that has happened within the last 4 weeks to me here in Legazpi. This is it. This is the area where I'm honestly needed the most. I feel it, and the work produced shows as well. I'm in awe with the Lord has privledged me in companion to be His instruments in finding these people and how these people are changing me and Sister Ramada's lives as well. Sister Ramada see miracles every single day here in Legazpi. I love this city so much and enjoy every conversation I have with people.

Normally most missionaries hate tracting, especially the new ones because you have to gain so many different people's trust with in the first few seconds of meeting them and then convince them to an extent that the message you lay in your hands will help them change their lives and come closer to Christ. But Sister Ramada and I love it so much! In fact, that's all we want to do! haha. A lot happens within the first few moments of meeting new people and praying simultaneously that they will become new investigators. But through much experience of tracting for hours and inviting everyone we can to come unto Christ, we have seen so many miracles. I dont feel lost, I know the Lord is with us withersoever we goest.
Sister Ramada and I have decided that even if people dont accept our message or let us in, its so fun to just meet people, get to know them, learn what is their story, and develop Christlike love for them within seconds. 

Had I not served in Gubat, I know I would have taken all these miracles casually. Had Sister Padre not been my trainer, I wouldnt know how to love the way Christ would have His children love. Everything that has happened to me here is all because the Lord intended it to be that way.

I so enjoy working with the ward members in Legazpi and developing friendships with them all. I love Legazpi ward and cherish those who give their time to the missionaries to fellowship our investigators.  Nothing is more rewarding than seeing your investigators progress in the gospel and come to church. I know there's so much the Lord has need for me to do and I'm so excited to JUST DO IT! 
I remember the feeling I felt when I first got to Legazpi from the plane before I headed from Gubat 5 months ago. I cant describe it other than Legazpi being MY area. As i've prosleyted and stretched myself in building our teaching pool here with my companion, I've become absloutely fearless and see the great potential here in Legazpi. I know one day, a temple will be built here. Its a dream the members have, and its not crazy at all. It's all so possible with the Lord's help and our willingness to do His work. 

I love the Lord so much and know every single thing that has happened to me here is all in His will. I cannot deny that.

I love Legazpi and the people and my companion and my kabahay so much!!!!! 

Have a great week all and never forget an attitude of gratitude! <3

Ingat Palagi,
Sister Delgado
Zone training in Legazpi! We all sang for our zone "How Great Thou Art"
in Tagalog and English harmony.  Love these sisters!!!
and of course, I am responsible for their hair:)
Sister Jemino, Dizon and Ramada
The one and only Elder Temaras
#bestmissionsecretary
One of the most precious moments with Chealsea and her family.
Family Home Evening and she was leading music she didn't know!
A generation of trainers.
Sister Dizon trained Sister Padre.
Sister Padre trained me.
And now I am training Sister Ramada.
One happy family are we :)

Tracting is our favorite.
I sure love Sister Ramada!
The first burger I had in 6 months...lol

He's pretty spoiled by us. lol
Mommy Dizon <3<3
Riding shotgun in the jeepney!!
Wahoooooooooooooo!


No comments:

Post a Comment