Saturday, July 11, 2015

Loving Legazpi

Kumusta Fam and friends!!!

This week has yet again been full of miracles. 
Chealsea Gonzlez, our 10 year old investigator went to church for a second time again! She's literally the cutest little Filipina and I wish she was mine! haha. She loves coming to church and singing the songs and going to primary. I'm just amazed that we found this little family and that they have such a desire to have the influence of the church in their lives- especially Chealsea. Chel's grandpa said that she put together a little purse with notebooks, pencils, and her Book of Mormon, and she wouldn't stop wearing it for like 3 days until it was time for church on Sunday. My goodness!!! We actually took her and her little sister to a baptism at the church and she told me she was so jealous because she wanted to be baptized so bad in that moment! hahaha. This little girl I know will make such a difference for her family, and with time her family will desire to become members just like Chealsea. I adore this little girl so much.

Another miracle that happened to me and Sister Ramada was when we were looking for some less actives in our area. Because we're opening another area here, we have to find the less actives in our area and incorporate them in our teaching pool. I learned a number of things while trying to find them. The biggest thing I learned is that I am terrible at directions. Didn't take long for me to realize that one. lol

But the miracle that happened on Cruzada Street is that while trying to find these homes for about an hour and a half, we met an old lady, Dolly. She was walking home by herself, and it was late. She was so cute and kept telling us how good her life was even though she was walking home alone. So Sister Ramada and I decided to walk her home and hold her bags for her. Her house was a long ways away!! But during the time of walking home, I learned a lot about her. Her family, where shes from, what she wants from life. And eventually as we got to her home, we were about to leave, but she insisted that we come inside. Yes, Filipinos are the most hospitol people you'll meet. They're so nice and sweet and willing to let you in even if they dont know you!

We asked if we could share a message with this sweet little lady and she accepted. At the end of the lesson this sweet little lady accepted the invitation to be baptized and to come to church.

Ever since I got transferred to Legazpi I no longer believe in coincidences. No matter what outcomes may happen in life, coincidences are out of the question.

I love my new area so much and I love even more the people I meet everyday. I'm learning how to be a better listener and share with them how the gospel can help their lives, no matter what happened to them. The gospel of Jesus Christ will never fail, and it will always help people's lives improve for the better.

Tomorrow, I am 6 months into my mission. Meaning one year left.
Now I'm starting to really wonder where time has gone. 
But more than ever, I'm so grateful for my mission.
Nothing, nothing, nothing is more fulfilling than what I am doing right now. 
I have no regrets with deciding to answer the call to serve. 
It's a beautiful feeling to know the Lord is helping you change and is utilizing you to help others come unto Christ.

There's no where, no place, or no one iId rather be that Sister Delgado serving in Legazpi, Philippines speaking crazy Tagalog and helping anyone within my reach.  

Thank you all so much for your love and support. It means the world to me!

mahal ko kayo!
-Sister Delgado








Chealsea on the right and Miley on the left. 
I love these little girls too much!!
Trainer's training with some of my favorite sisters!!
Sister Finau, Sister Tuilui and Sister Tovituku!! 



Cagsawa adventures!!!!

The view from our prosleyting area in Legazpi!!


sure love my anak <3 Sister Ramada




No comments:

Post a Comment