Tuesday, December 29, 2015

2015 - the year that changed my life entirely.‏

Family Friends,

To say the Lord's blessing has been abundently upon me is an understatement.
Thank you so much for all the birthday, Christmas, and New Year wishes. 
Praise God that Legazpi's condition is just fine as a result from that scary typhoon.

Every single day this week Sister Wilkins and I have been in great company with investigators, our mission president and wife, zone mates, and our beloved couple missionary from England, Elder and Sister Mulligan. 

And of course skyping my family was the sweetest Christmas present the Lord provided me with. Even sweeter than the Ghirardelli Mama Minson sent me. 

Fred passed his baptismal interview this Sunday and is so excited to be baptized on Saturday, the second of January. Perfect start to a new year. 

Well, speaking of a New Year, I'm currently reflecting upon the year of 2015.
This year I will cherish forever.
This was the year that I've dedicated entirely for the Lord and have witnessed the hardest challenges of my entire life as well as the sweetest miracles this life has to offer me. 
My family has faced some of the hardest challenges of their lives (Mike I'm not kidding when I say that I'm so grateful you are still alive, lol. And yes Jeremy, your new leg looks great. Also Mom M, your arm looks brand new. Almost as new as your new car.  As well as the sweetest miracles (BABY HAZEL and her beautiful blue eyes.)

I think if I were to sum up the biggest blessing that God has graced me with thus far, in which I am no where done mastering is how He taught me how to love all over again and helping me understanding the true meaning of Christianity. 

In Jeffrey R Holland’s talk “Are we not all beggars?” he says,
“A journalist once questioned Mother Teresa of Calcutta about her hopeless task of rescuing the destitute in that city. He said that, statistically speaking, she was accomplishing absolutely nothing. This remarkable little woman shot back that her work was about love, not statistics. Notwithstanding the staggering number beyond her reach, she said she could keep the commandment to love God and her neighbor by serving those within her reach with whatever resources she had. “What we do is nothing but a drop in the ocean,” she would say on another occasion. “But if we didn’t do it, the ocean would be one drop less [than it is].” Soberly, the journalist concluded that Christianity is obviously not a statistical endeavor. He reasoned that if there would be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over the ninety and nine who need no repentance, then apparently God is not overly preoccupied with percentages.” 

When hearing this conference talk again today, I thought to myself that this is exactly the way I’ve felt this entire year. My whole life, I’ve allowed myself to believe that results always measured success and that little efforts to help others had little value because how small the part is in relation what could potentially happen. 

But that’s not true at all.

The essence of the gospel of Jesus Christ and of true Christianity is love.

Love without guile.
Love without thought of compensation.
Love to trust enough that the Savior’s grace is sufficient for all broken hearts.
Love that longs for the happiness of others.
Love without selfish intentions. 
Love that suffers long, that is diligent, kind, judgeth not others harshly. 
A love that is strong enough to conquer feelings of depression that are either self inflicted or caused from others. 
A love that forgives and forgets. 
A love that is strong enough change men and women completely.  

Results come from God, but the focus of true Christianity is the journey and joy felt in helping others feel of the Savior’s love.
The journey of finding joy in searching the scriptures.
The peace felt during soul given prayers. 

This Love that I’ve felt abundantly from the Lord and His children this year has changed me forever. 

The Philippines has changed me forever.
Legazpi City will forever have its place in my heart.
The Lord placing me exactly where I’ve needed to be, the wonderful people I've met, the joy and sorrow from every challenge, and the testimony I’ve worked at for the past year is something I could never repay. 

2015 has been perhaps the most fulfilling year life has yet offered me.
May you all take the chance to count all the things you are grateful this past year and find it in your hearts to do all you can to come closer to the Savior. 
It's not easy, but I promise you with all the energy of my soul, the journey is well worth it.

Love, 
Sister Delgado 

Christmas Day Skype!
Sister Wilkins and Me.

Meal with the Mulligans from England

My favorite Sunsets and Sunrises 
My green lights. Fitzgerald would be proud. 

No comments:

Post a Comment