Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Signs follow those who believe.

Kumusta fam and friends! 
Pretty awesome week! Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and are getting excited for Christmas and the New Year!
But first thing is first.
Happy Birthday Daddy Vince! Tanda ka na! heheh joke lang. Ilan taong ka na? 30 lang diba? Hehe.
Mahal na mahal ko kayo tay ko. Have a wonderful day!! 
Soooo. The ward held a “church tour” the chapel for all investigators to come and see what the happens inside the church. The members of the church also showed the First Vision video and a lot of non members were able to receive answers to their questions at the event and take home a book of Mormon. Our investigators Henry and Hazel came and enjoyed themselves. 
Missionary work here in Legazpi in progressing and Sister Wilks and I enjoy talking and getting to know so many people. The weeks have gone by so fast because we are at point where we’re just enjoying the work and doing our best to just simple help people.
As a missionary, you are so aware of your shortcomings and flaws because the spirit is required at all times in order to help others come unto Christ as often as possible.  
Something cool I came across during my personal study was while reading in Doctrine and Convenants, Section 63, the Lord gives the Saints instruction and direction regarding faith. 
He says
 10 Yea, signs come by faith, not by the will of men, nor as they please, but by the will of God.
 11 Yea, signs come by faith, unto mighty works, for without faith no man pleaseth God; and with whom God is angry he is not well pleased; wherefore, unto such he showeth no signs, only in wrath unto their condemnation.
 12 Wherefore, I, the Lord, am not pleased with those among you who have sought after signs and wonders for faith, and not for the good of men unto my glory.
 I really loved these scriptures because often times, it’s so easy to go through a trial and immediately assume God is absent from our lives completely. And that’s not true at all. And I can honestly attest to that because I’ve seen miracles happen to the Filipinos here who go through things I could imagine going through myself.  Every day my heart is broken because of the things I see every day and the stories these people tell sister Wilks and I. I'm so grateful the gospel brings the hope that anchors our souls. I cannot share everything that’s been shared with us, but knowing that they have faith in God despite challenges, strengthens me immensely. 
This scripture really hit me hard, and as I've done my best to just trust God, signs of His reality come whent they do. And I'm ok with that. At the end of the day, the smartest thing to do when things seem umbarable is to simply press forward. Continue to seek the face of the Lord through charity, diligence, and patience. I know it works. I know it works for all of you. As President Uchtdorf says, The gospel works wonderfully. As we simplify, start where we are at, and are gentle with ourselves and our weaknesses, we’ll find joy in life no matter where we are. Being here in the Philippines alone has taught me this, and the gospel confirms it. 
Fam and friends. 
I love yall dearly, and pray that when things seem unbearable, turn to the Lord with all you’ve got. 
When we cant do it anymore, the Lord will step in and help. We just need to be willing to act and do our part. 
Have a wonderful week!
Kasama ang pagibig,
Sister Delgado





The Phil being so pretty
sis wilks doin her thang

No comments:

Post a Comment