Tuesday, February 16, 2016

I Believe in Christ. So come what may.‏

Hello Fam and Friends. 
FIRST OF ALL.
Happy Birthday to my one and only Papa Minson.
He has helped me through so much of my life.
As I remember my high school days, papa would always support my sporting events, go to every volleyball, waterpolo, and swim event , took millions of photos, and always provided us with food. Also with my photography passion, he’s never failed to support me in accomplishing whatever task I was sent to do. Especially when it came to yearbook and my senior graduation speech. Too many instances that I don’t deserve, where papa minson stepped in and saved the day. 
My personal walking gospel library, counselor, and everything that a child needs. 
He’s my tangible comforter and supporter that I know was heaven sent. 
Its no wonder he was born on valentines day. Hope you had the best birthday ever paps! 

SO this week has just been a thrill.
I’ll focus on yesterday’s event. 
I got to meet President Russell M. Nelson of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. 
It was such a surreal experience. 
I got to shake his hands, look into his blue eyes, and feel of the Savior’s love through him. 
He and his wife, Elder and Sister Ardern (area presidency) accompanied them and spoke to us as well. 
So many wonderful things were spoken about and I have no time to tell it all, but my favorite was when Elder Nelson spoke about missionary work and missionaries in DC 31. 
Although I’ve read this promise many times during my mission, but when he read DC 31:5 "Therefore, thrust in your sickle with all your soul, and your sins are forgiven you, and you shall be laden withsheaves upon your back, for the laborer is worthy of his hire. Wherefore, your family shall live."
I relate a time President Guanzon quoted this exact scripture to me during a tragic time for me a year ago, and as I obeyed his counsil, I felt the spirit of the lord greatly.

And as President Nelson elaborated on this promise, the holy ghost touched my heart. 
I felt soften, healed.
I felt the presence of our Savior.
I pictured His atonement and was reminded with the greatest assurance of my entire mission that if there’s anyone who knows us individually, felt what we feel everyday, its Him.
I can't even begin to describe the feeling of standing before an apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ and recieve the love given us by the Savior. 
I felt the savior's mercy and strength when Elder Nelson testified that us missionaries right now were saved, chosen to serve the Lord's children here in the Philippines.
That we were forordained.
That the people we find and baptize here on the field, knew and loved then as well. 
I completely believe that.
I instantly thought of the Legazpi and Gubat saints as he said that. 
Especially the Gonzales family and Fred

The reminder of the Lord's plan and love for each of his children filled my soul with peace.

I know that no matter what happens in life, The savior's atonement will never change and forever heal those who are wounded. 
I believe in that promise, and the holy ghost affirms it. 

I believe in Christ.
So come what may. 

Love,
Sister Delgado 


Tracting while waiting for the roro! 

Sisters Melfa, Sharmain, and Dende.Wonderful YSAs that always work with us! 
After the conference with some of my fave sistasss



Sister Vallenuexa.. my sweet kabahay :)  
HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAPA!!
roro beauties





1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful experience is being a full time missionary. The blessings that come your way and your loved ones are one of a kind. Saying that, it is always elevating to have learders of the church counsel us and share their testimonies... now when an apostle of the Lord gets to share their testimony so close to you .. wow... tha is an experience never forgotten. So delighted to see how much you have matured spiritually. Always a treat to read your experiences.

    ReplyDelete