Thursday, February 11, 2016

The Power of Prayer

Hello all!
So this week has been cool.
We had our MLC last week on Tuesday in Legazpi, then went straight back from the mainland to the boat, then got back from the roro around 2 am. 
I guess that’s the island life here. Haha. Its interesting. 
Then after that, straight to work and zone training!
Zone training was pretty cool because Sister Surigao and I got to do a workshop on prayer.
I really loved learning about prayer at MLC from President.
He really emphasized the importance of listening to the Lord right after praying and pondering. I really love Alma 37:36-37 scripture 
36 Yea, and cry unto God for all thy support; yea, let all thy doings be unto the Lord, and whithersoever thou goest let it be in the Lord; yea, let all thy thoughts be directed unto the Lord; yea, let the affections of thy heart be placed upon the Lord forever.
 37 Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.
I think of the importance of prayer and the importance of doing it with real intent.
Here on my mission, my prayers have become so much more meaningful because I’ve never needed the lord’s help and comfort more here than in my entire life. 
I’ve realized that I am absolutely nothing without him, and even more so here on the mission field. 
The Lord knows how to guide us enough to make the right decisions.
And often I’ve learned that he allows us to make the wrong decisions (especially if we are persistent) so that we will know for ourselves exactly why we shouldn’t have made those decisions, and should choose a different path.
Im grateful for the power of prayer. From the moment I open my eyes after a prayer, I instantly feel stronger. 
The work here in Masbate is really progressing and the members in the branch who work with us are so sweet.
Normally its just youth who work with us, not many of the adults are willing to work with us. 
Its ok, we just work with what is given with us.
It’s so weird to think that I was in a ward for most of my mission in Legazpi. Haha there are  very few wards in my mission, so I was super blessed to be there for as long as I was.
As far as mine and sister Surigao’s work is concerned, the teaching pool here is very well established by past missionaries. 
The houses are super close to one another and there are plenty of teaching opportunities. 
We have two progressing investigators that we are hoping will be baptized this transfer.
One is a part memberish family, Bambam who is 9 years old, and Carmen who is 30.
Its really hard for Carmen to come to church because their home is quite the hike to the church and she has 3 disabled little children. Her husband is also always out, so it’s a struggle for her.
We’re praying for her, and striving to find more families. 
Well, that’s about it! 
I'm excited to see Elder Nelson next week and for the week’s adventures.
love,
Sister Delgado




Masbate sisters sa zone training. 


Newly called STLs!
I've missed my american pals.
Sister Routhier,
Sister Snyder,
Sister Hunt! 


MLC! 
Sister Padre and Sister Surigao

No comments:

Post a Comment