Tuesday, February 2, 2016

The work is alive!

Kumusta all!


What a week!
Its been a great week. 
Yesterday was my first Sunday in Masbate branch.
The people were super sweet and kept telling me I look like Megan Trainor? haha. 
It was interesting. 
Im really excited to help this branch and get to know the members a lot more.

This week Sister Surigao and I were able to go to all our areas, and boy what a difference from Legazpi.
I got so used to Legazpi that I was almost shocked again. 
It felt as if I was going to Gubat all over again. Funny feeling. 

Sister Surigao has got to be one of my sweetest companions ever.
I love her to death! Shes always serving me and everyone around her.
She may be small, but she has a huge heart and does all she can to help others be happy. 
I learn a lot from her everyday.

We were able to do community service with Elder Raven and Elder Rupp for Sister Carmen. 
We basically chopped off pieces of a tree branch and burried them in her garden so that she could grow some crops to eat.

She was very grateful and although she was shy to show her grattitude, we could really sense her appreciation. Such a humble people here.

I really like all the people here in Masbate.

The water really got me this week. haha. 
I got sick for a day, but luckily the elders picked us up some meds and I was good as new the next hour to work.

Our area is all bundoks (boon docks?) and full of hills and pond crossing and very muddy.
So yes, I slip and fall on a daily bases. 
haha but it keeps the work alive. 
I love the beaches here though.

Life is so much more simple here on the island.

The city was very fast paced and had much going on.

Here, its much more peaceful.

I almost feel closer to Heavenly father here on the island because our efforts and service is truly limited, and our faith is tested more, thus giving the Lord more room to perform miracles we could never expect based on our faith or whatever His will may be.

That's what intend to do while I'm here. 
Just learn to Trust Him more firmly. 
In His timing, work... everything.
And maybe that's why I was sent here. 
To learn how to just do what He needs me to and then He will take care of the rest. 

I love the Lord and am grateful for the things He allows us to go through in order to grow. I'm really out of my comfort zone, but its helping me grow immensely. It feels good to overcome your fears and to just go with it. 

Have a great week!

love
Sister Delgado 








Found another Delgado!
Recent convert siya.  Mom's side is Delgado!
Our area in Masbate!


Our feet get soaked in mud.  It's really great. haha

Elder Baker!
We got super excited when we realized we had a mutual friend, Sister Caitlin Davis.
Go Masbate District!:)



Community Service at an Investigator's house!
nagtanim ng kamotin kaon.


The view from the Masbate chapel!
Boat Ride to Legazpi







President Guanzon's Birthday

1 comment:

  1. Bautiful pictures. People look humble and grateful. Missionaries look full of love. ♥

    ReplyDelete